Website Analytics Defined
Website analytics is the collection, reporting, and analysis of website data to inform an understanding of user behavior across web pages. The focus of this type of analytics is to determine the success, failure or user pain points of a website, as well as drive strategy and improve users experience. This is completed by measuring website data and benchmarking a sites performance against a business’s goal.
Key indicators of website analytics include:
- Audience Data
- number of visits, number of unique visitors
- new vs. returning visitor ratio
- browser or device used
- Audience Behavior
- common landing pages
- common exit page
- length of time spent per visit
- number of pages per visit
- bounce rate
- Campaign Data
- which campaigns drove the most traffic
- which websites referred the most traffic
- which keyword searches resulted in a visit
- campaign medium breakdown, such as email vs. social media
- conversion rate
In Data Defined, we help make the complex world of data more accessible by explaining some of the most complex aspects of the field.
Click Here for more Data Defined.