Contextual Data Defined
Contextual data is information that provides context to an event, person, or item. This type of data allows for a broader understanding of specific information.
Types of contextual data could include:
- Businesses and organizations
- Economic/market changes
- Social media activity
- Past buying behavior
- Delivery trackers
- Asset and inventory management sensors
- Kiosk interactions
- GPS tools
- Context-aware promotion tools
There are several ways to collect contextual data including:
- Maintaining an events calendar within a CRM
- Personalization and marketing automation software
- Social media monitoring software
- Location intelligence software
In Data Defined, we help make the complex world of data more accessible by explaining some of the most complex aspects of the field.
Click Here for more Data Defined.